Tuesday, December 23, 2008

XMAS SURVEY ANSWERS REVEALED!

WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS?
This crucial decision tells alot about how much I care or don't care about the recipient. If I am re-gifting I tend towards gift bags, usually re-gifted gift bags (it's tough to re-gift using used wrapping paper, despite all the paper my late mother made us save by carefully unwrapping our gifts). If it's a family member I would probably go the paper route but there are so many variables I could be here all day splitting hairs. I think the recipient should just be darn glad I got 'em a frappin' gift in the first place, don't you?

REAL TREE OR ARTIFICIAL?
After Paco and I got together I had to switch from my 'tree-in-a-box" to the real thing, albeit a tiny one. I have two huge, as in taller than my two-story house, pine trees in my front yard that started out as living Christmas trees from Home Depot. They are now blocking out the sun, threatening to displace the driveway with their wicked root system and the sap has killed the once verdant and thriving Bermuda grass that lies beneath their majestic branches. I can't wait to cut them down some day soon. Preferably right before Christmas, just to teach them who is in charge.

ANGEL OR STAR ON TOP?
Yes, as of last year when one of my closest and bestest friends gifted me with one. I think she maybe thought I couldn't afford one since we had been using one made from pipe cleaners and Popsicle sticks I made in 4th grade. Bless her.

EGGNOG-YES OR NO?
Absolutely. I have to stop here and say several things about Egg Nog. First, the low-fat version should never be sold anywhere except maybe at the little dairy stand right outside the fat farm where those folks from The Biggest Loser go to work out and try and win $100,000. Low-fat egg nog is horrid, awful and not found in nature. Second, for the best dang egg nog I have ever had, I made it from the Joy of Cooking recipe back when I was living in the U.K. and they had never heard of it over there. It had several cases of different liquors in it and put all of my British family members into a self-induced coma until Easter. Yes, it was that good. I feel sorry for people who don't know about this recipe.

HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR?
Probably someone like Donald Trump but I don't know him personally and he isn't on my list so I don't care about him anyway. He has such odd hair. Maybe if he was on my list I would buy him a mirror so he could see how stupid his comb over looks, especially standing next to his latest cradle-snatched wife.

DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE?
Yes, sort of. It's actually a tree ornament and is very small. Since it hangs from the tree all of the occupants are in various states of dishevelment, having to hang on for dear life to keep from falling into the tree stand water, which would not be good. I may have to strap Baby Jesus into a tiny car seat just to be on the safe side.

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?
Despite what I know Lorrie will say if she reads this, I still love "It's a Wonderful Life". I just wish maybe "This Old House" or "Extreme Makeover" had been around back then to help spruce up George's house.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS?
More people visiting my blog, blog ads that make lots of money and two tickets to His Majesty's inauguration.

8 comments:

  1. Is that guy holding a veggie tray?
    I never got the star or angel thing, why does it have to be there? And low fat anything should be outlawed. There should be separate stores for that stuff. And I don't know how it happened, but if I am switching the channels and I see The Family Stone on, then I have to stop. I don't know why.
    Postscript: If I am in the neighborhood on x-mas day I will certainly visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on the eggnog. The boozier the better. It's like a smoothie for alkies.

    The Armenian half of me has to know if you are really there. In Armenia.

    Whatever. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I am not actually blogging from Armenia but that is where my mail is sent. Nasty business with the Mob, that sort of thing.

    Glad you like my blog and thanks. Check out the Nog recipe from Joy of Cooking. It is wicked good, as Thystle would say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you go to Armenia on Tuesdays??? ha!
    love your survey answers, although, I 'DO like the light eggnog from Braums or Horizon...
    just more booze in them and its all good........
    Merry Christmas Eve, RG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to add "White Christmas" to my list of fav holiday movies. Paco and I watched it last night and I just love all the singing and dancing and the fact that Danny Kaye is such a closet case and how everyone carefully ignores the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say it aint so Racie-say it aint sooooooooo.

    I'm with Beaux: I need the recipe for that veggie tree.Particularly if the whole thing is bound together with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eartha Kitt died on Christmas Day from colon cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I'm wicked late to this blog and I blame 'Nog for it.

    When we go to NYC, lets bum rush the Donald with some hair clippers and do the world a favor.

    ReplyDelete